Class just finishing Beta-testing
Finding Your Niche For An Online Business
In One Month You Will Learn:
- To navigate the world of online business with an expert tour guide
- About a series of "role models", their unique "authority”, chosen niches and delivery mechanisms
- The art of "mining" your life experiences to discover your own “authority”
- The power of niches and how to serve them with your "authority"
- How to recognize the best niche to deliver your “authority”
- To start writing and talking concisely about your niche
- To Imagine your future - making certain you and your niche are aligned
- How to research your niche to find who else is serving it
- To define your target audience and and understand how to communicate with them
- How to define the problem your authority will help solve
- The art of prototyping - how to create a beta test with a Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- How to fine tune your MVP using feedback from your target audience
- How to do the math on audience size to understand your Minimum Viable Audience (MVA)
You Will Leave the Course With:
- A highly refined idea as to your own authority
- A niche you can successfully serve
- Knowledge of the tools needed to serve your niche
- The comfort that you are aligned with your niche and chosen method of delivery
- Full confidence in your abilities
- A support group of fellow Beta Testers
- A roadmap to launch a business based on your authority
Who Should Take This Class?
Are you 40, 50, older or for that matter younger and thinking or dreaming about a change of career. Or maybe you are just thinking about what is becoming known as a "side hustle", something on the side from your other obligations to earn extra income or merely stay engaged with the world? If you have thought about online business but haven't taken the plunge, then you should take this tour of the online entrepreneurial landscape with Bill Gordon, an experienced guide. It is an exciting world with lots of potential to change your life, particularly those of you over 40 going on 50 and beyond.
I am 50Plus but almost all of the "role models" for this course are under 40 - mostly millennials and some young Gen Xers that took the dive into the world of online business and have been successful, in some cases, for 5 to 10 years. You will meet many of them in this course.
Course Mechanics and Timing
Start Date: Monday May 23rd
Length of the class: 30 days
Terms of Beta-test 1) No charge but regular feedback on surveys required; 2) Application required 3) Future post beta-test versions will be tuition based.
As a Beta-test this is a free course because it is a Beta test, which means the only requirement will be for students to fill out feedback on each lesson to help fine tune future versions. The feedback is very important. The goal is to deliver an excellent learning experience for all Beta testers. All future classes after May 23, 2016 will be tuition-based. The next class is likely to start in July 2016.
Class materials: will be delivered on a customized teaching platform which will be embedded in the 50Plus Nation website making it easy to deliver a mix of short videos, some audio, text-based materials online and some printable PDF files for the exercises. I will provide loads of links to reading material as well as a number of websites that should be of interest.
Time Commitment: a minimum of 2 hours per week to watch the videos, listen to audio, do the exercises and complete the homework.
Community: Another goal will be to create community among class participants using a private Facebook group to discuss assignments, exercises and thoughts about business ideas that will come out of the class. I will be very active in the Facebook group giving feedback whenever I can.
Office Hours: I will hold weekly office hours online on Crowdcast.io which will allow me to be live on video with students using a text-based chat function to ask questions. I will also have the capability to bring anyone with video who volunteers into the live video seen by the rest of the class. That way I can help "workshop" an individual's issues for the benefit of all. You will not be required to be on camera, it will be strictly voluntary.
The beta-test class is now closed. If you are interested in this class in the future on a tuition basis, join the wait list by clicking the link below. You will be the first to know about it.